Saturday, May 29, 2010

Nothing like sitting in the breezeway with a nice cup of Chai..

5-29-10

Wow.. first full day @ Church on Fillmore. Today had been a pretty chill day. They pretty much allowed this day for us to get settled in and rest. So we got to sleep in late. Then when I got up at like 10ish I worked out for a little bit, emphasis on the little, and then got dressed and had some breakfast. After breakfast I got to spend a good bit of time just reading the Word and making some note cards for some stuff I’m trying to sort out in my head (ha). Then I rested for a while before grabbing a peanut butter sandwhich and heading outside to find Marlee.

I found her outside visiting with some of our sweet neighbors. So I sat down and joined them. It has been a gorgeous afternoon. The breeze is definitely blowing through our breezeway. For the longest time there was the steady hum of a helicopter as it flew around and hovered over the protesters that are marching a few blocks down. According to our neighbors I get is has been the people against the Immigration bill marching this afternoon, and then the people for it will start marching at 6 this evening. So I guess we will see if the helicopter shows back up later or not.

There is a monstrous American flag flowing in the breeze about a block away, and it is absolutely gorgeous. On the backside of our apartment buildings is the downtown skyline. Last night as we were getting ready to walk back across the street from John and Roxann’s house I was just standing there staring at it. It is so beautiful, and I can’t get over how close it is! It is such an awesome reminder of exactly what we are here to do.. to do INNER-CITY ministry! And inner-city we most certainly are!

I’m not really sure what the rest of the afternoon holds. It has been nice to sit outside. We’ve gotten to meet a lot of our neighbors as they come through, especially as they come to check their mail, since the mailboxes for all the apartments is in front of ours! They are all pretty sweet. Most of them are all elderly and retired.

I suppose I’ll sign off for now. Not much else to report. Peace out peeps! Don’t do anything overly stupid today!

Blessings,
~Kat K.

No comments:

Post a Comment