Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Oh the "Insanity" that awaits you in McIntosh!!

Well, I see I’m not doing such a good job on updating. So much for trying to get into the habit before I hop on the plane to Phoenix! Oh well.. :-/

So let’s see. What has been going on the past few days? Well, I’ve mostly been resting and recharging from the crazy last few weeks of school! It has been nice to sleep in guilt free the past few days!

Besides sleeping, I’ve loved getting some good family quality time in! I’ve spent many hours just chilling with my mom and brothers and sisters. We went to church together at my grandfather’s church around the corner on Sunday. For Sunday lunch, my grandparents came over and we enjoyed a delicious Haitian meal to celebrate (a little late, mind you) my brother Christopher’s birthday. Then we spent the afternoon and evening resting, watching TV, and playing games.

Even the animals are getting in on the family action! I have loved getting to play with our precious chihuahua “Jazzy” again, and my sister’s kitten “Emily” is absolutely adorable! Though watching the two interact with just each other is quite entertaining as well!

Just in case you are worried that I am spending too much time resting and being a bum, never you fear! My parents and oldest brothers are making sure that I am fit and ready for my Phoenix adventure! They purchased the workout program “Insanity” just in time for sissy’s homecoming. We started the first session last night. Sad to say that we could barely even complete the “Fit Test”. As we would say around here, “Fit test FAIL!” haha. Tonight we jumped back into the torture with the first official night of actual workouts. Though we are not sure what the difference between tonight and last night were! :/ In any case, we are all majorly sore, and praying it is worth it!

As for getting ready for Phoenix, there is not much to report. Without knowing exact details of what we will be doing, it is hard to prepare. Mostly I am trying to tie up any loose ends, and get ready to start packing again. Yes, the dreaded packing. *shudders* Good news is there will be much less to pack for Phoenix then there was packing to come home to McIntosh!

Tomorrow we are supposed to host a party for the youth group out here. It will be strange not going to youth @ Petal Harvey, or going to the Junction either! I’m looking forward to it though. It will be good to interact with a different youth group before heading over to minister in Phoenix, since it will help me open my mind back up to how “other people” work. Hehe.

Well, I guess I’ll quit for tonight. Nothing really insightful this round. Mostly randomness. But hey, I warned you! :] And remember, “Don’t do anything overly stupid today”!

Blessings,
~Kat K.

No comments:

Post a Comment